HypnoBirthing® is a childbirth method that focuses on preparing parents for gentle birth. In HypnoBirthing® classes, you will learn proven techniques in a well-thought-out program of deep relaxation, visualization, and self-hypnosis. All of these are designed to help you achieve a more comfortable birth. HypnoBirthing® encourages a calm, peaceful, and natural pregnancy, birth, and bonding experience for families.
Self-hypnosis and deep relaxation are very effective tools. For you to be able to use them when you are in labour is an acquired skill, that needs to be learned gradually in stages and practised in between sessions. This ensures that you have the time to develop the conditioned responses that make HypnoBirthing the Mongan Method so successful. There is no short cut, and this why we teach our course over 5 sessions.
5 classes offered in your home
2.5 hours each
This includes the HypnoBirthing® The Mongan Method Book and the Rainbow Relaxation CD
Optional 6th class- Breastfeeding/Newborn 2 1/2 hours $100.00
What You Will Learn in HypnoBirthing® Classes
Building A Positive Expectancy
Introduction to the remarkable HypnoBirthing® philosophy
- The History of Women and Birthing
- Why and how you can have an easier, more comfortable, and safer birthing
- How Nature perfectly designed women’s bodies to birth
- How to assist, rather than resist, your natural birthing instincts
- The vocabulary for calm and gentle birthing.
- Visualizing gentle births by viewing beautiful birthing videos
Falling in Love with Your Baby/Preparing Mind & Body
- The remarkable mind of your newborn baby—Prenatal bonding techniques
- Rapid and instant self-relaxation techniques and deepening techniques
- Breathing techniques for labor and birthing
- Hypnotic relaxation and visualization
- Selecting the right care provider
- The Birth companion’s role in birthing
- Preparing your body for birthing with massage and toning
Getting Ready to Welcome your Baby
- Preparing Birth Preference Sheets
- Preparing the Body for Birthing
- Light Touch Labor Massage
- Your body working for and with you
- Avoiding artificial induction and achieving a natural start to labor
- Releasing negative emotions, fears and limiting thoughts.
An Overview of Birthing – A Labor of Love
- Onset of Labor – Thinning and Opening Phase
- Birth explained simply
- Settling in at the hospital or birthing center
- Preparing for home birth – or baby’s choice of birth
- As labor moves along – passing time through labor
- Hallmarks of labor
- If labor rests or slows – Companion’s prompts and activities
- As labor advances – birthing with your baby
- Protecting the natural birthing experience
- Birth rehearsal imagery
Birth, Breathing Love, Bringing Life
- Moving into birthing
- Positions for descent and birthing
- Breathing baby down to birth
- Baby moves to the breast
- Family bonding with your baby
The Benefits of HypnoBirthing®
It’s a natural form of pain management. There are no medications with potential side effects for you or baby.
It can provide comfort, relaxation, and relief during labor.
It can decrease stress and fear during childbirth.
It allows you to remain alert and awake.
Common Myths Associated with Hypnosis
Hypnosis is a form of mind control or brainwashing.
Hypnosis puts you in a deep sleep.
A person who’s been hypnotized has no free will.
You can’t perform usual tasks and functions if you’re hypnotized.
You’re unaware of what’s going on around you when you’re hypnotized.